Built to deliver a steady supply of air in harsh diving conditions, when the going gets tough, the MK17 EVO/A700 gets going.
The new MK17 EVO is SCUBAPRO’s premium high performance balanced diaphragm first stage. Engineered specifically for cold water and harsh environments, its internal components are completely sealed off from the elements so neither water nor pollution can get inside the chrome-plated marine grade brass body to foul the mechanism. This total sealing system also allows for a dry ambient pressure chamber which works to prevent freezing, provides better protection and improves performance, ensuring trouble-free operation no matter how cold or murky the water gets. This new version is more compact than its predecessor yet delivers better breathing performance. Its improved internal design allows more airflow from the LP ports which have also been configured for optimum hose routing.
The A700 second stage, with its hand-crafted all-metal casing, screw-down casing cover, metal valve housing (barrel) and over-molded accents, exhibits a real muscularity in design. Its air-balanced valve technology and oversized exhaust valve work in conjunction with a well designed sectional exhaust tee, a first-rate purge and responsive user controls to create a bullet-proof breather with effortless inhalation and an ease of exhalation that is unmatched.
Built for demanding divers and demanding conditions, the MK17 EVO/A700 is the first stage of choice for harsh environments and cold-water conditions, and ideal for cave and wreck diving. Designed to deliver a smooth and steady supply of air no matter how frigid or murky the water gets, with this reg system you can always be confident of your next breath.
MK17 EVO First Stage:
- Air balanced diaphragm delivers constant and effortless airflow unaffected by depth, tank pressure, or breathing rate.
- Environmentally sealed system prevents water and pollutants from fouling the inner mechanism.
- More compact design features a smaller dry ambient pressure chamber and spring, although the bulletproof inner parts remain the same.
- Dry ambient pressure chamber increases freezing resistance, ensuring consistent airflow in the coldest conditions.
- Substantial increase in airflow — 6900 l/min versus 6500 l/min – includes improved balance of air supply pressure.
- Two high pressure and four high-flow ports maximize air delivery and hose routing options.
- High-flow performance is available from all four LP ports which are configured for optimum hose routing.
- Available in a 3364psi/232bar INT configuration.
- Weight (without mouthpiece): INT 232 – 30.3oz/860g.
- Airflow at 2900psi/200bar: 6900 l/ min – 242 SCFM.
- Intermediate pressure (psi/bar): 133-142/9.2-9.8.
A700 Second Stage:
- Air-balanced valve smoothes out the inhalation effort at varying depths and supply pressures.
- Rugged full metal case, front cover and valve housing (barrel) are able to withstand years of aggressive diving.
- Metal construction enables the use of a larger diaphragm inside a compact casing, increasing breathing sensitivity.
- User controls include a diver-adjustable inhalation effort knob and coaxial-flow Venturi-Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA) lever.
- Super-flow hose features an oversized bore that allows more air to flow on each inhalation.
- Ultra-comfortable orthodontic mouthpiece is easy to grip yet doesn’t inhibit airflow.
- Weight (without mouthpiece): 9.2oz/261g.
- Airflow at 2900psi/200bar: 2000 l/ min – 71 SCFM.